Provide the school with:
- Photo ID for each parent/guardian (examples: driver’s license, DMV-issued ID card, or passport)
- Certified copy or affidavit of birth certificate
- Current Immunization Record
- Physical Examination Record
- Two (2) Proofs of residence (example: a lease or utility bill)
- Custody documentation, if applicable
NOTE: Families enrolling more than one child for the first time must pre-register all new students for the 2020-2021 school year before pressing the “submit” button.
Each child must receive a comprehensive physical examination within 12 months prior to beginning kindergarten. The Code of Virginia does not allow a grace period for this requirement. This examination includes a health assessment (including height, weight, body mass index, blood pressure, TB Risk Assessment, and physical exam), developmental screening, vision and hearing screening, dental screening, and hematocrit/hemoglobin screening. A blood level screening may also be needed.
Please let the school office or school nurse know of any special medical problems your child may have so we can best handle any emergency.
If any of the registration requirements cannot be met due to homelessness, school staff will be notified to assist the family with enrollment under provisions of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Improvements Act.