Welcome! This is my 13th year as the physical education teacher at Rawls Byrd Elementary School.
Goals for each student:
- Provide a safe and engaging learning environment
- Teach various forms of movement,
- Introduce and teach mastery of basic gross motor skills,
- Incorporate cross-curricular areas, such as math and reading, with an emphasis on kinesthetic learning,
- Provide a base of knowledge on nutrition, human biology, and sportsmanship, and character development.
I graduated Magna Cum Laude from the College of William and Mary in 2004 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology, and completed my Masters of Education from the College of William and Mary in 2007 in the EPPL Program, with an emphasis on Educational Leadership for K-12. In addition to teaching at Rawls Byrd, I serve as the Williamsburg-James City County Health, Physical Education, and Athletics Coordinator.
I am a firm believer in positive role modeling and practicing what I preach. I compete as a professional triathlete for the Snapple National Triathlon Team. I have completed six Ironman triathlons, including the Ironman World Championships twice. I was the 2011 USAT Long Course Triathlon National Champion, the top amateur at the 2012 Ironman Texas and the top American amateur at the 2012 Ironman World Championships.
My hobbies include training and racing endurance events, spending time with my wife, Tori, my daughter Cassidy, and my dog, Bentley.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s progress or experience in physical education, please feel free to contact me.