Beginning 2016-17 school year, 100 ninth grade students will have an opportunity to design their own paths to success in their careers and future education.
In the place of a prescribed program of studies, students participating in The Pathways Project at Warhill High School will work at their own pace to demonstrate mastery of course content – while earning credits toward graduation. Students will experience flexibility through personalized learning opportunities:
- online and blended (online with a teacher) instruction;
- dual enrollment and early college options;
- project-based and community-based learning; and
- credit acceleration or recovery.
The Pathways Project will connect each student’s education to their own skills and interests in a way that will result in deeper learning. Pathways students will be able to:
- think critically about what their future will be;
- acquire skills to navigate their future;
- connect with industries and businesses; and
- follow their personal Pathway.
Students participating in The Pathways Project will be full-time Warhill High School students and will be eligible to participate in WHS athletics and activities.
For more information on The Pathways Project, watch the videos below.