Dear Toano Tigers and Tiger Families:
Welcome Back! There is a lot going on in Tigerland this September. I’ve compiled some dates and details on our happenings in this message.
Spirit Wear & Personalized Sweatshirts:
- A variety of sweatshirts will be offered including a new design. All items can be ordered online at tinyurl.com/TMS-WebStore by using a debit card or credit card. A direct link to this site is available on the TMS webpage. The online store will be closed September 20th. All purchases will be delivered to TMS around the 15th of October.
PTSA Membership Drive is Underway…PTSA is a wonderful way to get involved in your child’s school!
- Toano Middle School’s Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is an instrumental part of the success of our school. Please consider helping our school by joining the PTSA for only $5.00 per membership.
- An envelope was sent home with your child’s opening day packet. This organization welcomes both parent and student members.
- Also, if you would like to help out with the PTSA, please contact via email, the President, Mychael Willon at moc.l1568907858oa@na1568907858kleah1568907858cym1568907858.
Toano School Fundraiser for All Students:
- 9/11: Kick-off Assemblies (Packet Sent home)
- 9/11-9/27: Fundraiser in Progress
- 9/27: Fundraiser Collection Day, Sale is over!
- 9/4: Drop and Add request forms for classes will be available to students- Use this form to request a change: Drop Add Forms (MS) 2019-2020
- 9/13: Students to return all first day of school forms
- 9/11: Laptop Distribution for Grade 8
- 9/12: Laptop Distribution for Grade 7
- 9/13: Laptop Distribution for Grade 6
- 9/13: Drop/Add Period Ends
- 9/16-9/20: TMS Scholastic Book Fair
- 9/17: Back to School Night from 6-8 p.m.
- 9/17: Family Night at the Book Fair from 4-8 p.m. 10% off everything purchased!
- 9/17: PTSA Meeting in Media Center 5:30 p.m.
- 9/20: Online TMS Webstore Closes- tinyurl.com/TMS-WebStore
- 10/3: First Marking Period Interim Ends
- 10/4: Early Release at 11:30 a.m. No lunch will be served
- The Toano Middle School Community is again continuing its implementation of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS). The overarching goal is to teach students our core P.R.I.D.E values, which will enable them to be successful in and out of school. P.R.I.D.E is an acronym we use daily to emphasize the need to be prepared, show respect, have integrity, be determined and empower others. The program has expanded this year to also include academic interventions to ensure the success of all our students. We truly value your partnership as we work together to teach all students how to be successful at school.
Back to School Information:
Your student (hopefully) has given you a number of things in the Opening Packet that require your attention. Here is list of those items.
- Laptop Loan Agreement
- Medical Emergency Card
- SAUP (Acceptable Use Policy Technology Form: For 6th Grade and students new to TMS as 7th and 8th graders only
- WJCC Code of Conduct Acknowledgment Signature Page
- Student Handbook Acknowledgement Form
- Profile Sheets with any changes for the database
- Various Syllabi and Class Expectations
- PTSA Membership (Optional) – Membership is $5.00.
**Please visit https://wjccschools.org/back-to-school/ for more Back to School Forms and Resources. For example, Media-Opt and Family Life Non-Participation Forms are located here. There are many documents available in Spanish as well.
Free and Reduced Lunch Info:
- If you are in need of a Free and Reduced Lunch Form, please download a copy form this link https://wjccschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Free-and-Reduced-Lunch-Application-English.pdf or contact the school for a copy. Your student can get a copy from his/her homeroom teacher or from the front office.
- Please note that Student Planners will not be in until late September. Tomorrow, students will receive some TMS Planner Pages that have been printed on card stock and holed punched to keep them organized until the division planners arrive. The first planner is free for all students. Replacement planners can be purchased for $5.00 during the school year.
- You can find an electronic copy of the Student Handbook here: https://wjccschools.org/tms/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2019/08/Student-Handbook.pdf.
School Supplies List:
- Finally, a comprehensive supply list for your TMS student can be found here: https://wjccschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/2019-20-Toano-Supply-List.pdf.
Thanks in advance for your support as we enter a wonderful new school year.
Tracey Jones, Principal
Toano Middle School