Link here for the TMS PTSA April 2018 Newsletter
TMS Softball- Baseball Game Schedule 2018
**Updates/Changes are in RED
|4:30||Make-up Date *If needed||TBD|
2018 TMS SOL Schedule: Writing SOL – 2018
Writing – Multiple Choice
Writing – Short Paper
2018 TMS SOL Schedule: Non-Writing – SOLs 2018
May and June >>>
Math for all 6th Graders
FOAI and FOAII
Math for all 8th Graders
Algebra I and Geometry
Closed – Memorial Day
(Expedited Re-takes for Civics 8)
Math for All 7th Graders
FOAII and Algebra I
(Expedited Re-takes for Reading 8)
(Expedited Retakes for
(Expedited Re-takes for Reading 6 and Science)
(Expedited Re-takes for
All 6th Graders – Math)
(Expedited Re-takes for
All 8th Graders – Math)
(Expedited Re-takes for All 7th Graders – Math)
>>>>Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s): Expunging the Grade/Credit of a High School Course Taken in Middle School <<<<
Can I expunge the grade/credit from a course taken in 7th grade during/after my 8th grade year?
- No. All requests to expunge a grade/credit from a student transcript must be received by August 1st of the same year in which the student completes the course.
If I expunge an Algebra or Geometry grade/credit, will I have to retake the course prior to moving into the next sequenced math course?
- Yes. Per the Program of Studies, if a student has a grade/credit expunged from the transcript in a high school credit-bearing Algebra or Geometry course, the course must be repeated for credit in order to meet graduation requirements. Similarly, once a grade /credit is expunged, that course is no longer able to be used to fulfill the next courses’ prerequisite.
I’m in 7th grade and I didn’t do as well as I would like to have done in Part A of a World Language I course (e.g. Spanish I Part A). Do I need to expunge this course’s grade/credit if I don’t plan to take Part B? Which World Language course should I request for 8th grade?
- Any student who has taken Part A of a World Language course in 7th grade (e.g. Spanish I Part A) and chooses not to move on to Part B of the same World Language course in 8th grade (e.g. Spanish I Part B) would not need to submit a request to expunge a grade/credit from a student transcript for Part A. Part A would still be seen in ParentVue in the Course History tab, but the student would receive neither a World Language credit nor grade on his/her transcript if he/she does not complete Part B. If this same student would still like to take a World Language in 8th grade, he/she will need to take the full-year World Language I course (e.g. Spanish I, Latin I, German I, French I) in 8th grade.
Can I expunge the grade/credit from Part B of a World Language I course (e.g. Spanish I Part B) taken in 8th grade without expunging the grade/credit from Part A (e.g. Spanish I Part A) taken in 7th grade?
- No. Because the grades earned in Part A and Part B are averaged to create a single grade, students expunging the grade/credit from Part B of a World Language I course (e.g. Spanish I Part B) will automatically expunge the grade/credit of Part A of the World Language I course (e.g. Spanish I Part A) from the student’s transcript. The student would receive neither a World Language grade/credit on his/her transcript. If the grade/credit from both Part A and Part B are kept, the transcript would reflect a single course grade (e.g. Spanish I) and the credit earned. The grades for each part would still be able to be seen in ParentVue in the Course History tab.
Can I rescind or revoke a request to expunge the grade/credit from a high school credit-bearing course after I have submitted it?
- All expungements are final as of the date the form is submitted. Grades/credits expunged from a student’s transcript as a result of an expungement request cannot be added back at any time.
I am a rising 9th grade student taking an accelerated, high school credit bearing course over the summer (e.g. Geometry). Would I be able to expunge this grade/credit if I needed to?
- Grades/credits from courses taken over the summer for acceleration cannot be expunged.
How can I change my schedule for 2016-2017 if I need to retake a course that I am expunging or if I am no longer going to meet the pre-requisite for the next course in the sequence that I previously requested (e.g. Spanish II)?
- Your new school counselor at your zoned high school will receive your expungement information upon their return in early August. They will facilitate all necessary schedule changes as a result of any expungement.
**REMINDER: All requests to expunge a grade/credit from a student transcript must be submitted to the student’s zoned high school by August 1st of the year in which the student took the course.
Links to registration information and forms:
- Middle School Parent Night 6th Grade_Feb2017_Final – Information Presentation
- Middle School Parent Night 7th and 8th Grade_Feb2017_FINAL – Information Presentation
- NEW (17-18) 6th grade registration form
- NEW (17-18) 7th grade registration form
- NEW (17-18) 8th grade registration form
Check out the following informative presentations, course of studies booklet and sign up forms concerning your child’s schedule next school year:
October 14, 2015
Toano Middle School is committed to helping all children thrive by promoting a positive learning community. As part of our commitment, this school year we are joining other WJCC schools to build upon our success and implement the Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports (MTSS) Program.
The Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports Program is a way of providing instruction and support to promote academic and social success of all children. The goal is to be proactive and intervene early to foster the school’s mission.
For further information reference the website below
A key component of the MTSS system is the use of consistent positive rewards to celebrate students’ successes. Students who are consistently following the characteristics of the P.R.I.D.E. Matrix are reinforced with Tiger Tokens. The matrix is listed on the back of this letter.
Rewards using tokens include:
- P.R.I.D.E. Events (quarterly)
- Drawings for various incentives (weekly)
- Token “purchases” in the P.R.I.D.E Store
We look forward to collaborating with you and appreciate any feedback concerning this initiative. This program will be fully implemented over a course of two-three years under the guidance of our site-based MTSS Team.
On behalf of the TMS Staff,
Ms. Tracey Jones, Principal Michael Hurley, Assistant Principal