Printable & downloadable copy: SpringSportsSchedule 2017
Toano Middle School Baseball and Softball Spring Sport Schedule
|Date||Day||Opponent||Home / Away||Time|
|April 15||Saturday||Kiwanis Tournament||Hornsby Middle School||TBA|
|April 20||Thursday||New Kent||HOME||4:30|
|April 24||Monday||Queens Lake||AWAY||4:30|
|April 27||Thurs||Weather Make Up Day|
|May 1||Monday||District Semi-Finals||TBA||4:30|
|May 4||Thursday||District Finals||TBA||4:30|
Printable copy link: Toano Middle School Supply List 2016-2017
This is a generic/general list of supplies. A more specific list of supplies will be available from individual teachers at the Open House in August.
- Pair of inexpensive ear buds (Attach a label with the student’s name to the ear buds and place the ear buds in a small, clear baggie). Please do not bring expensive headphones or ear buds.
- Flash drive – inexpensive (Attach a label with the student’s name to this device, please).
- 3-ring binders, various sizes
- Lined paper
- Pencils (#2)
- Blue/black pens
- Index cards
- Glue sticks or glue (4 oz. bottles preferred)
- Colored pencils
- Sheet protectors (optional)
- Grade 6 Math – Two (2) 5-subject Mead spiral notebooks (college ruled)
- PE Shorts & Tops – Available for purchase from the TMS Physical Education Department. Shorts, shirts and an option mesh bag are $10 each. Students may opt to provide their own P.E. uniform as long as they meet certain conditions. Call the school or P.E. teacher for more information.
- Student Planner – to be supplied by the school. Replacement of a lost planner is $5.
WISH LIST ITEMS
o Tissues o Hand sanitizer/hand soap o Disinfecting wipes
- Boys basketball try-outs will be November 7 from 2:30 – 4:30, November 9th from 2:30- 4:30 and November 10th from 2:30-4-30
- Girls basketball try-outs will be November 7th from 4:30-6:30, November 9th from 4:30-6:30 and November 10th from 4:30-6:30
- 7th Grade boys basketball tryouts will be November 14th , 15th, and 16th, from 6:30-8:00,
All students trying out must have a VHSL physical dated after May 1, 2016. If you tried out or played a Toano fall sport it is already on file.
Forms are available in the office. Any questions contact the following coaches.
- 8th grade boys team: Gerard Crawley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th grade boys team: Lee Underwood at email@example.com
- Girls team: Alexis Green at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the following informative presentations, course of studies booklet and sign up forms concerning your child’s schedule next school year:
October 14, 2015
Toano Middle School is committed to helping all children thrive by promoting a positive learning community. As part of our commitment, this school year we are joining other WJCC schools to build upon our success and implement the Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports (MTSS) Program.
The Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports Program is a way of providing instruction and support to promote academic and social success of all children. The goal is to be proactive and intervene early to foster the school’s mission.
For further information reference the website below
A key component of the MTSS system is the use of consistent positive rewards to celebrate students’ successes. Students who are consistently following the characteristics of the P.R.I.D.E. Matrix are reinforced with Tiger Tokens. The matrix is listed on the back of this letter.
Rewards using tokens include:
- P.R.I.D.E. Events (quarterly)
- Drawings for various incentives (weekly)
- Token “purchases” in the P.R.I.D.E Store
We look forward to collaborating with you and appreciate any feedback concerning this initiative. This program will be fully implemented over a course of two-three years under the guidance of our site-based MTSS Team.
On behalf of the TMS Staff,
Ms. Tracey Jones, Principal Michael Hurley, Assistant Principal