Volunteers Needed for the 8th Grade Dance: sign up here…
May 15, 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians of 8th grade students:
The following are some important dates to keep in mind for your 8th grade student. If you have any question about these events, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
8th Grade Semi-Formal Dance
- There was a meeting on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 for parents who would like to help in the planning process of the dance. If you are able to assist, please email Jennifer Brungot at Brungot@wjccschools.org
- 8th Grade Semi-Formal Dance will be held on Friday, June 2, 2017 at TMS from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Dress code for the dance:
- Jeans and T-shirts are not permitted
- Boys: Dress Pants & Dress Shirts (ties optional)
- Girls: Party Dress, Nice Skirt/Dress Pants with a Dress Shirt (strapless is allowed; however, shoulders must be covered and remain so). Shoes must be worn at all times during this event; therefore, students should wear comfortable shoes.
8th Grade Stepping Up Ceremony
- The 8th Grade Stepping Up Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Warhill High School Gymnasium.
- Student should report to the WHS cafeteria at 6 p.m.
- Dress Code: Students are required to dress appropriately for this event. Girls should wear dresses, or blouses with skirts or dress slacks. Spaghetti straps and halters are not Boys should wear collared shirts with a tie and dress slacks. Students should have appropriate footwear for the occasion and not wear sneakers or flip flops. If your child needs assistance in matters of attire, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
- A letter will be going home at the end of May as a reminder for the event.
Please mark your calendars with these special dates. We have had a wonderful year and are looking forward to a successful end of year with our 8th grade students. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
8th Grade Teachers