Welcome to the
Suggest a new book for our library or tell us your good idea…
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” -Dr. Seuss
- YourNextRead -helps you pick books based upon one you like…way cool to use
- Book Series Search -find out what book is next in a series
- CIA World Factbook -provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 countries
- AR BookFinder -to locate summaries and reading levels
- Explora Database Searches -middle school student-friendly academic database resources
- Read It! -middle school student-friendly academic database resources from Ebsco Host
- Career Transitions -search for career information, help with job seeking skills, interests surveys
- Legal Forms -Gale Database’s collection of legal forms
- Kids Infobits -database of high interest-easier reads on kid-friendly subjects with audio options
- Noodle Tools – student research service that helps you correctly cite sources in MLA or APA citation styles. This site will track your sources, take notes, create outlines, let you collaborate with classmates, and format and print your bibliography
- Bookopolis -a social reading site that allows kids to log, rate, and review books they’ve read. With a parent’s help, kids create an account, choose an avatar, and create lists of books they’d like to read, ones they’re currently reading, and ones they’ve already read.
- Williamsburg Regional Library
Copying words, images, audio and video CAN BE A VIOLATION OF COPYRIGHT LAW. Check the information below to to see if you are able to use another’s intellectual property as part of the FAIR USE DOCTRINE. Also, you can always check the U.S. Copyright office and/or read up on Fair Usage.
- WY Daily – Williamsburg/Yorktown daily is a regional online newspaper contains daily news and stories of local interest
- Virginia Gazette – Williamsburg/James City County’s online version of the news updated every Wednesday and Saturday.
- The Daily Press – Regional newspaper that covers the Hampton Roads area
- The Washington Post – News of national, state, and regional interest originating from Washington D. C.
- New York Times – National news from a distinguished news organization
- USA Today – National newspaper covering a wide array of topics in addition to the news
- The Wall Street Journal – Leading financial news and more
- Refdesk Newspapers – Refdesk Newspapers is a newspaper database that links to hundreds of newspapers in the United States and the world
National & World
Remember when you use any image or music as part of your school work you should cite your source. The easiest way to do this is to name the artist and the website where you copied or downloaded the intellectual property.
- Free Music Archives -Free MP3 downloadable music scores from all genres. CLICK “GENRES” AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE TO LOCATE THE MUSIC YOU WANT QUICKLY
- Bensound -royalty-free instrumentals you may use as long as you credit bensound.com as the creator
- Soundation -Create your own music file to download
- Library of Congress Memory Project
- WikiMedia Commons -most are freely reusable as long as you give the creator credit in your work. The copyright info is located below each image
- The Artchive -recognizable artwork from the public domain and copyrighted artwork. Follow the instructions to use in an educational purpose.
- Life By Google – images from Life Magazine may be used for personal, non-commercial use only. Search millions of photographs from the LIFE photo archive from the 1750s to today. Remember to give credit to Life Magazine!
- NASA Images -large collection of images featuring stars, galaxies, planets, space equipment are fair use except for the NASA logo. Always cite your source as NASA
- Pics4Learning -offers copyright-friendly images to teachers and students in an educational setting