IMPORTANT PATH 3 ATTENDANCE INFO—
- Students are expected to log in and/or be physically present on time for each class.
- Attendance will be taken daily for all students, including students that are continuing to participate in learning remotely.
- When any student is absent from class, their parent/guardian will receive a phone call to report the absence.
- There are three main codes that will be used by teachers when documenting attendance:
- UV: Student is absent.
- MIR: Student should be at school; however, student has logged on remotely into class
- MI: Student has shown engagement outside of class time and completed assignments.
- When your student arrives tardy to school, the attendance associate will mark the student tardy for the school day.
- Attendance is taken within the first 5-10 minutes of class.
- Please note that when a student logs on for class after initial attendance has been taken, there may be a delay in getting the code updated. Students are to be on time for instruction.
- Students that have ten or more absences from school will be contacted by the school to develop an attendance improvement plan.
- If your student is absent from school, please notify the school of the absence. If the school does not hear from the parent, the school nurse will reach out to the family to discuss the reason for the absence.
- If a student is absent, please send a note with the reason for the absence with your child when he/she returns to school. Each day following an absence, the student will meet with the school nurse before being allowed to attend class.
Parents/guardians should call the attendance associate on the morning of the absence. Please notify the attendance associate, by calling 566-4251, extension 23107. Excused absences include illness, death in one’s family, quarantine, pre-arranged family trips, natural disasters, school-sanctioned field trips and court appearances.
A note for pre-approved family trips must be sent to the principal one week prior to the planned trip. In the case of family trips exceeding more than five days, only five days will be excused.
It is the responsibility of the student to present evidence of an excused absence on the day the student returns to school.
Your student must bring in a note about the reason for the absence in order for the absence to be excused. Notes must be received within two (2) days of the student’s return or the absence remains unexcused. No exceptions will be made. Doctor notes are required for four (4) or more consecutive days. Attendance is an important part of being a successful student. When you miss instruction, it is difficult to make up the work. Remember to get the work from your teacher and complete the work the following day.
Parents may request makeup work/homework by directly contacting your child’s teachers via email. If you do not have access to a computer call 566-4251 and press 0 to reach the school receptionist to make your request.
Homework/makeup work requests will be processed within 24 hours, All student work will be available for pick up the next day in the front office between 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.