Attendance Associate: Andrea Herrington
phone: 757-566-4251 ext. 23107
- Students are expected to physically present on time for each class.
- Attendance will be taken daily for all students, including students that are continuing to participate in learning remotely.
- When any student is absent from class, their parent/guardian will receive a phone call to report the absence
- When your student arrives tardy to school, the attendance associate will mark the student tardy for the school day.
- Attendance is taken within the first 5-10 minutes of class.
- Students that have ten or more absences from school will be contacted by the school to develop an attendance improvement plan.
- If your student is absent from school, please notify the school of the absence. If the school does not hear from the parent concerning an absence, a school official will reach out to the family to discuss the reason for the absence.
- If a student is absent, please send a note with the reason for the absence with your child when he/she returns to school. Only five days will be excused.
It is the responsibility of the student to present evidence of an excused absence on the day the student returns to school.
Your student must bring in a note about the reason for the absence in order for the absence to be excused. Notes must be received within two (2) days of the student’s return or the absence remains unexcused. No exceptions will be made. Doctor notes are required for four (4) or more consecutive days. Attendance is an important part of being a successful student. When you miss instruction, it is difficult to make up the work. Remember to get the work from your teacher and complete the work the following day.
Parents may request makeup work/homework by directly contacting your child’s teachers via email. If you do not have access to a computer call 566-4251 and press 0 to reach the school receptionist to make your request.
Homework/makeup work requests will be processed within 24 hours, All student work will be available for pick up the next day in the front office between 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.