23-24 Tiger Clubs
Please communicate with the club sponsors concerning space availability in each after school club. There is a permission slip required to be signed and submitted to your club sponsor. In some cases there are membership requirements which will be outlined in club meetings or bylaws. Link to TMS After School Club Permission Form. There are after school club school buses available. Get information from the club sponsor. Canvas Toano Tiger Commons contains dates, times, places of club meetings and sponsor email links.
Battle of the Books
- Teamwork through the love of reading good books with other Toano Tigers. Quiz show style competition at the local library.
- Interested students will learn the card game Bridge.
Caring Cards Club
- Crafty students will create uplifting cards to send to senior citizens, military veterans and hospitalized children.
- For students who love or have an interest in nature, ecology, or being out in the great outdoors.
- Students recognize a variety of cultural groups and holidays. Highlight important events, contributions and people around the school community.
- Extra-curricular Jazz/a Capella Choir.
- Students foster a love of music through disciplined practice, performing, challenging repertoire, and fostering new relationships.
- Students will celebrate diversity while encouraging positive self-image, increasing confidence, supporting academic goals and build a sense of belonging.
Model Rocketry Club
- Promotes aerospace education by construction and flight of model rockets.
National Junior Honor Society (NJHS)
- Students must meet eligibility requirements for participation to this academic honors society.
Principal Advisory Council
- Serves as advisors to administration on school climate and activities
- A SHIP wellness club for students who want to run for fitness.
- Student leaders supporting students and making Toano a better place.
Strategic Gaming Club
- Have fun working together as a team to develop your imagination, tell interesting and exiting stories, improve reading and math skills.
Student Council Association (SCA)
- Civic minded students work with faculty and staff to create more school spirit, promote academic excellence, and support the rules and procedures of TMS.
Tiger Jazz Band
- Students will study and perform music in Jazz and other popular music styles. .
- Students work together to design and theme the Toano Tigers yearbook for the school year.