Link to letter and permission slip: Expedited_Retake_Letter and Permission Slip
Parent Volunteers Needed for 8th Grade Dance!
Sign up to help here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0a44aba628a5fb6-semiformal2
May 4, 2018
Dear Parents and Guardians of 8th grade students:
The following are some important dates to keep in mind for your 8th grade student. If you have any question about these events, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
8th Grade Semi-Formal Dance: Friday, June 1, 2018
- There was a meeting on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 for parents who would like to help in the planning process of the dance. If you are able to assist, please email Jennifer Brungot at Brungot@wjccschools.org
- 8th Grade Semi-Formal Dance will be held on Friday, June 1, 2018 at TMS from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Dress code for the dance:
- Jeans and T-shirts are not permitted
- Boys: Dress Pants & Dress Shirts (ties optional)
- Girls: Party Dress, Nice Skirt/Dress Pants with a Dress Shirt (strapless is allowed; however, shoulders must be covered and remain so). Shoes must be worn at all times during this event; therefore, students should wear comfortable shoes.
8th Grade Picnic: Wednesday, June 6, 2018
An 8th Grade Picnic will be held at Upper County Park on Wednesday, June 6, 2018. Please see the attached permission form for this event. Permission forms are due to homeroom teachers by Friday, May 18, 2018.
**Although there is no cost for this event, we will be seeking out volunteers and donations, as we get closer to the time of the picnic.
8th Grade Stepping Up Ceremony: June 13, 2018
- The 8th Grade Stepping Up Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Warhill High School Gymnasium.
- Student should report to the WHS cafeteria at 6 p.m.
- Dress Code: Students are required to dress appropriately for this event. Girls should wear dresses, or blouses with skirts or dress slacks. Spaghetti straps and halters are not Boys should wear collared shirts with a tie and dress slacks. Students should have appropriate footwear for the occasion and not wear sneakers or flip flops. If your child needs assistance in matters of attire, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
- A letter will be going home at the end of May as a reminder for the event.
Want to order some Warhill High School Spirit Wear?
- Spirit wear available to order online for 2018 – 2019 RISING FRESHMAN of WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL ONLY at…
- This link will only be available May 4 – May 22, 2018. Orders will be in first week of June. Show your Lion Pride the first day of school!!
- Questions? Email Athleticboosterwarhillhigh@gmail.com
Please mark your calendars with these special dates. We have had a wonderful year and are looking forward to a successful end of year with our 8th grade students. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
8th Grade Teachers
2018 TMS SOL Schedule: Writing SOL – 2018
Writing – Multiple Choice
Writing – Short Paper
2018 TMS SOL Schedule: Non-Writing – SOLs 2018
May and June >>>
Math for all 6th Graders
FOAI and FOAII
Math for all 8th Graders
Algebra I and Geometry
Closed – Memorial Day
(Expedited Re-takes for Civics 8)
Math for All 7th Graders
FOAII and Algebra I
(Expedited Re-takes for Reading 8)
(Expedited Retakes for
(Expedited Re-takes for Reading 6 and Science)
(Expedited Re-takes for
All 6th Graders – Math)
(Expedited Re-takes for
All 8th Graders – Math)
(Expedited Re-takes for All 7th Graders – Math)