- Tickets will be on sale for $10 starting Thursday, May 23, 2019 through Wednesday, May 29, 2019 during 8th grade lunch. Tickets will not be available at the door.
- Semi Formal Dress Code- Jeans and T-shirts are not permitted
- Guys: Dress pants & dress shirts (ties optional).
- Girls: Party dress (strapless is allowed but, shoulders must be covered and remain so, no backless, no midriffs) or Nice Skirt/Dress Pants with a Dress Shirt.
- Shoes must be worn at all times during the event. Keep in mind the comfort in your footwear needs to last the duration of the event.
- Light refreshments, DJ, dancing, photo station and decorations with the theme “Aloha! Luau Nights” are included in the price.
- Guest requests must be submitted to the office no later than May 23, 2019. These forms can be found in the front office. Only 8thgrade students from area schools will be considered. Approval must be made by Tracey Jones, TMS Principal.
- There will be no refunds for tickets already purchased.
- All WJCC Public School rules & regulations will be followed at the event.
- Any student who receives a discipline referral after, Thursday, May 23, 2019 may forfeit their participation in this event and tickets purchased will not be refunded.
Hello TMS Families,
Here are a few upcoming dates and reminders to keep in mind.
- Reminder: Please support our TMS Tiger Relay for Life: Visit this link and click “donate.” Search our team name, “Toano Tigers.” Thank you in advance for your support. http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLCY19SER?pg=entry&fr_id=91556
- May 6-10… is Teacher Appreciation Week. Help the PTSA show our teachers and staff how much we appreciate all their hard work and efforts by signing up to donate. Please visit this link to show your support. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d4daaad2ea46-teacher
- May 6… TMS Choir Concert @TMS 7 p.m.
- May 7… Interims will be sent home with students.
- May 7… School Uniform Presentation to the School Board
At the May 7th School Board meeting, I will share information about Toano Middle School’s uniform dress code, the findings of the October 2018 parent/student/staff survey and the work of focus group that met in November 2018 and February 2019. At the same meeting, the school board will review the division policy on the use of uniforms at individual schools. You can watch the meeting online at www.wjccschools.org beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- May 7… Orchestra Concert @TMS 7 p.m.
- May 9… Band Concert @WHS 7 p.m.
- May 9… Staff vs Student Basketball (MTSS) Game, from 2:30-4:30PM. This event is open to staff members and current TMS students only. Game tickets will be sold to students during all three lunches. The cost will be $3.00. When purchasing a ticket, students are required to turn in a signed permission slip to stay after school for the event. You may choose to pick up your student or have him/her take the activity bus home. Your choice is to be indicated on the permission slip. There is a limited amount of tickets available for purchase and tickets will NOT be sold at the door.
- May 10… 8th Grade Play @TMS Theatre 7 p.m.
- May 10… TMS Students Participate in Relay For Life Hat and Hoodie Day. Students are asked to donate $1.00 for the cause as the show their support on this Spirit Day.
- SOL Schedule: (As posted on TMS webpage)
- May 14th: Reading 6
- May 15th: Reading 8
- May 16th: Reading 7
- May 17th: Civics 8
- May 21st: Math for All 6th graders
- May 22nd: Algebra I and Geometry (7th and 8th graders)
- May 24th: Science 8
- May 29th: Math 7
- May 16… PTSA Meeting in TMS Media Center @5:30 p.m.
- May 27… Schools Closed for Holiday.
- May 31… 8th Grade Semi-Formal Dance, from 6:30-9:00 p.m.. This event is for 8th grade students only.
- June 5… Laptop Collection for Grade 6 (Please note that students will be turning in the laptop and charger and will be keeping the laptop bag to launder over the summer. 6th graders with Always-On laptop bags will spot clean with a damp cloth). Students will bring the laptop bag back in September 2019).
- June 6… Laptop Collection for Grade 7 (Please note that students will be turning in the laptop and charger and will be keeping the laptop bag to launder over the summer. Students will bring the laptop bag back in September 2019).
- June 7… Laptop Collection for Grade 8 (Please note that students will be turning in the laptop, charger, and laptop bag).
- June 6… VHSL Physicals at TMS, from 3-5 p.m. The cost is $25,00.
Any athlete who needs a VHSL physical for the 2019-2020 school year is invited to participate. Cost: $25 cash or check (made out to “Riverside Orthopedics, Sports Medicine and Physiatry Specialists”).
- June 10 – 13… Parent Pick up of any medications from the nurse’s office. Any medications left after 12 noon on June 13th will be discarded.
- June 12… 8th Grade Stepping Up Ceremony at WHS @6:30 p.m.
- June 12… Early Release @11:30 a.m.
- June 13… Last day School. Students will dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
- June 20… Report Cards will be mailed home.
To support our end of the year Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) celebration, the Toano Middle School Community will be hosting a Student versus Staff Basketball Game. The game will be held on Thursday, May 9th from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tickets will go on sale during student lunches on Monday, May 6th and end during lunch on Wednesday, May 8th. Students must have a completed permission slip to purchase a ticket. A student may get a permission slip from their homeroom teacher or pick one up in the front office. There will be a limited number of pre-sale tickets, and tickets will not be sold at the door. The event is open for staff members and current Toano Middle School students only. Thank you for your continued support in our effort to teach students our core P.R.I.D.E values of being Prepared, showing Respect, having Integrity, being Determined, and Empowering others.
Please visit our school webpage (https://wjccschools.org/tms/) for additional information about the things happening here at Toano Middle School.
Thanks for your support of our school community,
Principal Tracey Jones
Visit the team’s award winning website at:
Tiger Science Team Website Designers:
- Madison Beacham
- Ava Boyer
- William Hamblin
- Evan Jefferies
- Keagan Krzyanski
- Levi Kunnas
- Edwin Lampitt
- Francesca Lazzuri
- Lana Peregrine
- Angela Nguyen
- Arvin Picardo
- Mattie Smith
- My Trieu
For more information on the organizations sponsoring the contest visit:
April 8, 2019
Dear Parents and Guardians of 8th Grade Students:
The following are some important dates to keep in mind for your 8th grade student. If you have any question about these events, please contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
- 8th Grade Semi-Formal Dance will be held on Friday, May 31, 2019 at TMS from 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
There will be a meeting on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 for parents who would like to help in the planning process of the dance. The meeting will be held in the TMS cafeteria at 6:30 p.m. We will be discussing what to do for decorations, food, and music. To help make this event a memorable one for our students we will need your help. If you would like to have input and cannot be at the meeting please email Jennifer Brungot at Jennifer.Brungot@wjccschools.org
- Dress code for the dance:
-Jeans and T-shirts are not permitted
-Boys: Dress Pants & Dress Shirts (ties optional)
-Girls: Party Dress, Nice Skirt/Dress Pants with a Dress Shirt (strapless is allowed; however, shoulders must be covered and remain so). Shoes must be worn at all times during this event; therefore, students should wear comfortable shoes.
- Dress code for the dance:
- The 8th Grade Stepping Up Ceremony will be held on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Warhill High School Gymnasium.
- STUDENTS SHOULD REPORT TO THE WHS CAFETERIA AT 6 P.M.
- Dress Code: Students are required to dress appropriately for this event. Girls should wear dresses, or blouses with skirts or dress slacks. Spaghetti straps and halters are not permitted unless wearing a sweater/cover-up. Boys should wear collared shirts with a tie and dress slacks. Students should have appropriate footwear for the occasion and not wear sneakers or flip flops. If your child needs assistance in matters of attire, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
- A letter will be going home at the end of May as a reminder for the event.
Please mark your calendars with these special dates. We have had a wonderful year and are looking forward to a successful 4th quarter with our 8th grade students. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
The 8th Grade Toano Middle School Teachers