WJCC is excited to announce 5 student Internships for high school credit, available for the 2019-2020 school year!
What is a WJCC Internship? Internships place 11th and 12th grade students in real workplace environments to develop and practice knowledge and skills for a specific career field related to their interests, abilities, and goals. All WJCC internships are yearlong (a minimum of 280-hours in duration), unpaid, receive 1 high school credit, are connected to classroom learning, and are accompanied by structured reflection activities. Students participating in internships will have a WJCC on-site supervisor, will be guided by formal, written training agreements and plans, and will have the opportunity to select employers that best meet their interests, goals, and post-secondary plans.
AutoCAD/Survey Field Intern
Eligible Candidates: 11th or 12th grade students
Hours: 11-15 hours per week/ 280 hours per year
Earn: 1 High School Credit!
Landtech Resources, Inc.
3925 Midlands Road Williamsburg, VA 23188
Learn the foundations of civil engineering through hands on land surveying experiences in the field, using robotic instruments and GPS. Additionally, interns will apply pre-engineering skills learned through WJCC course work. Intern will shadow project engineers and have an opportunity to use CAD skills creating 2D surveys and engineering plans.
Intern will LEARN and GAIN:
- Hands-on introduction into civil engineering
- Hands-on introduction into land surveying
- Real-world introduction into geotechnical engineering
- Exposure to AutoCAD software
- Experience with 2D modeling and use of robotic survey instruments and GPS
Excellent opportunity to build a portfolio and gain experience to help your resume and/or application stand out!
Candidates must have completed at least 2 of the following courses and be actively enrolled in a 3rd:
- Advanced Drawing and Design (8438SB)
- Architectural Drawing/Design (8437SB)
- Engineering Studies (8491SB)
- Introduction to Engineering and Design (8439SB)
- Principles of Engineering (8441SB)
- Engineering Design and Development (8443SB)
Complete your WJCC Internship Application online by September 30th, 2019: https://tinyurl.com/WJCCInternshipApplication