We need your feedback! Take our online Communications Survey now through June 5!
Featured posts in main homepage slideshow.
Ann Ohmann has been one of the most supportive, eager, and enthusiastic supporters of Warhill band programs and students. She goes above and beyond and is always available to assist our students and staff in any way possible. She does absolutely everything. For these reasons, and so much more, Ann is Warhill’s selection for Outstanding Volunteer of the Year.
Warhill student, Valeria Nava-Moncada, was recently recognized for her volunteer work as a Youth Hostess for Youth Citizenship Day.
Warhill High School Prom/After Prom 2017
Prom will be held at Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg on Saturday, June 3rd.
The After Prom will also be at Great Wolf Lodge in the water park from 11pm until 2 am.
- Tickets will be sold beginning on Monday, May 22nd, and ending on Thursday, June 1st.
- Tickets will be sold during all three lunches.
- NO tickets will be sold after June 1st.
- You may pay with CHECK (to Warhill High School) or CASH
- Ticket price will vary depending on what you will be attending:
- Just the dance: $40 per ticket
- Dance and After-Prom: $55 per ticket
- ONLY After-Prom (only available if there are leftover tickets on the second week of sales-$30)
- THERE ARE ONLY 400 TICKETS. NO MORE TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AFTER WE SELL 400.
- You must return all missing books and pay all outstanding fees before purchasing a ticket.
- Any student attending the prom must fill out and return a dance contract. If you submitted one for Homecoming, you do not need to resubmit.
- Any outside date MUST submit a new dance contract (even if he or she attended Homecoming) and have an approved signature from their school’s administration.
3. Entering and Exiting Prom
- Once you arrive at prom, you may not leave the building unless you are leaving for the entire evening. Students may not reenter after leaving the dance and/or After Prom.
- Students will bring in all After Prom clothing to leave in a room at prom. You may not go out to your car between prom and After Prom.
Ladies will change for After Prom in one room while gentlemen change in another room. We will then walk from prom to After Prom together through a pre-determined path.
- You may not rent rooms at the Great Wolf Lodge.
CONTACT MRS. MACLAUCHLAN or MRS. AUGHENBAUGH with questions
Congratulations KATHLEEN SPEED, Warhill Support Employee of the Year
Mrs. Speed is willing to go above and beyond when you request her assistance. She is very proactive in working with ALL types of students and she has a knack for getting the most troubled students to at least try. She is able to differentiate instruction in a number of ways and she is often the person that is able to get the most unmotivated students to participate and complete their work.
She stays on top of her job. She always checks to make sure her accommodations are up to date, and will always check with me to make sure I am also keeping track of my accommodations. If one of us has an old version of an IEP or 504 plan we work together to help each other out to make sure the most recent IEP or 504 plan is in place.
Kathleen is one who never says no… if you ask and it’s in her power, consider it done and done very well!!! She is one of the FEW employees that I know that doesn’t complain about what is asked of her (and we as a department/school ask A LOT of her).
She excels at her job, but is a critical component to the success of the SPED department at WHS. She is extremely valuable because she always assists as needed, does secretarial duties for the department, relates to the students all while providing quality of support for ANY teacher in the building.
Specific times for testing sessions are available from individual teachers or by contacting Lauren Holthaus
(757) 565-4615 x12013
WINDOW FOR SOL TESTING CLOSES 6/2/17. Students who earn an Expedited Retake attempt by scoring between 375-399 will be contacted directly with the date for their attempt (6/5-6/7).
Warhill Child Nutrition Services Staff were presented with the March Crystal Apple Award. Their hard work behind the scenes deserves to be recognized. Without their polite and kind demeanor, breakfast and lunch would not be as enjoyable. The students of Warhill are extremely grateful for their unwavering commitment to the well-being of the student body. Congratulations to the deserving winners of the Crystal Apple Award for the month of March–the Warhill High School Child Nutrition Services Staff!!!