Students from local area high schools participated in painting the famous Virginia LOVELetters. The theme was “Why we love Williamsburg!” Bruton High painted the “L”; Jamestown High painted the “O”; Lafayette High pained the “V”; and Warhill painted the “E”.
Working throughout the spring semester were Warhill students Morgan Dewitt, Alyssa Vigil, Bianca Bollinger, Leigha Bartlett, Verena Lathers, Erin Allison, Melonie Lindblom, Sunnidae Gallien, Kathryn Kelly and Haley Vivian.
Visit the Williamsburg Visitor Center and see the LOVE letters!
• Students, Friday, March 1st is a half day for students; there will be no lunches served and no AEP. First block class will begin at 7:20 am.
• There will be a meeting in room 2106 after school today beginning at 2:30 for all Warhill JV and Varsity Boys Soccer players.
• German Club: Get out the Bratwurst and Sauerkraut! Polish up your Tubas and put on the Lederhosen! Because there is a German club meeting after school today, Feb. 28 in room 1130 from 2:30 to 3:30. Let’s yodel ‘til we drop!
WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL
· Attention Warhill Seniors and Juniors…Prom is coming up on May 19, 2018 at Great Wolf Lodge. This year’s theme is Masquerade!
Tickets will be sold this week, during all lunches. Tickets are $50 per person for before and after prom, $40 for prom only, and $20 for after-prom only. Date approval forms are available in the main office, and should be returned prior to your ticket purchase.
Should you have any questions, see Mrs. Haas or Ms. Williams or see a Junior Class Representative.
- Varsity and JV Boys Soccer Teams need to meet in Room 1108 today, right after school.
- Attention Juniors: NHS applications for eligible candidates are now available. We will be hosting a “help with applications day” Thursday, March 15th after school until 3:30 in Room 1100. Applications will be due Thursday, March 22nd. If you have any questions see Dr. Mihaly in Room 1100.
- Hola, bonjour, gutentag, Pride! It’s National World Language Week. To celebrate, each day we will be sharing a benefit to learning a World Language. Happy World Language Learning!
- You improve your chances of college acceptance, achievement and attainment – a 2011 study showed that students who completed 3 or more years of a world language in high school were more likely to get better grades in college and less likely to drop out.
- Winter Athletes – the Winter Sports Awards Ceremony will be held on Monday, March 12 beginning at 6:30pm in the Student Center. All winter athletes and parents are encouraged to attend.
- Our school has accepted the challenge of helping to find a cure for Blood Cancer! We are joining over 27,000 schools across the nation to make a difference and raise as much money as we can. Over the next 2 weeks our school will be working to reach a goal of $500.00! Milk jugs will be distributed to each 1st block A day class. The class that raises the most will win a prize.
- Are you Ready to Learn? Be Great Today and order your Ready to Learn tee shirt. Only 12 dollars. Look for posters around the school and order online by next Friday.
January 24th and January 25th will be full instructional days for HS students.
Final exams are cancelled for Wednesday, January 24th, and Thursday, January 25th.
- Students who would like to take an exam that is cancelled may do so.
- The exam grade will only be counted if it improves a student’s final average.
- Students will fill out a form ONLY IF they want to take an exam in any of their classes.
- The form documenting your request to take an exam MUST be turned in to the Main Office by 2:30 PM on Tuesday, January 23rd.
- Students will work with teachers to arrange a time to take exams. The administration will work with staff to facilitate test times during and after school.
ALL Exams must be completed ON or BEFORE Thursday, February 8th.
National Merit Scholarship Program Commended Students. Congratulations Kennedy Becke and Sarah Foster!