Get College Credit!

  • Early College – Warhill offers a dual enrollment program with Thomas Nelson Community College called Early College.  Eligible juniors apply in the spring for the senior year.   Students who wish to apply must be able to complete all high school graduation requirements in fall of their senior year.  Students will complete their English 12 in the fall of their senior year and also receive dual enrollment credit at TNCC for ENG 111 and ENG 112.  Students then attend classes at TNCC in the spring.  Students who are interested in Early College should talk to their counselors. Students who are accepted to Early College will also need to apply to Thomas Nelson, test for eligibility by taking the Virginia Placement Test, and register for the courses. The Career Coach and counselors will help students with this process.
  • On-Campus Dual Enrollment at Thomas Nelson – Students who wish to take a college class at TNCC while still in high school will need to get permission from their school counselor.  Students will then need to complete a Dual Enrollment Permission Form and apply to Thomas Nelson.  Seniors who graduate in January and wish to attend TNCC in the spring will need to complete and Early Admission Form for Graduating Seniors. Mrs. Lindley, Career Coach, can help students with this process.  She is located in Room 1126 at Warhill High School.

Start Training for a Career While in High School! 

  • New Horizons Career and Technical Education Center – Provides career and technical education to high school students on the VA Peninsula. Students attend half-day at New Horizons and half-day at their home high school. Some popular programs include: Automotive Technology, Carpentry, HVAC, Electronics/Robotics, Welding, Dental/Medical/Nursing Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Veterinary Science, Computer Networking, Criminal Justice, EMT, Fire Fighting, Cosmetology/Barbering, Culinary Arts and more! Students who are interested in attending a program within the Career and Technical Education Center should speak to their counselor!