What is a Gap Year?
A Gap year is a period of time when students take a break from formal education to travel, volunteer, study, intern or work. The key is to find a meaningful experience with the goal to return to formal education.
- AmeriCorps – Put your ideas into action while learning new skills, making new connections, and earning money to pay for college.
- City Year– An AmeriCorps program that provides services to students and schools to keep students in high school and on track to graduation.
- Earthwatch– International non-profit organization that brings science to life for people concerned about the Earth’s future
- International Studies Abroad – Wide variety of study abroad programs at accredited schools and universities.
- National Outdoor Leadership School – Leadership and wilderness education.
- Outward Bound – Experience-based outdoor leadership programs for teens and adults.
- AFS Intercultural Programs – Non-profit international exchange organization offering GAP year programs.
- The Leap – Choose GAP programs by interest, location and date.