Summer, Seasonal and Part-time Jobs
Any job opening received by Warhill will be posted in the counseling office or the College & Career Center website. Employers who would like to post a job can contact the Career Coach, Mrs. Lindley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Snag A Job – Search for local jobs.
- Snag A Job (Summer) – Search for summer jobs by zip code.
- Jobs for Teens HQ
Internships and Leadership Programs
Bank of America Student Leaders Program – Work as a paid intern at a local nonprofit for 8 weeks during the summer and attend the week-long Student Leaders Summit in Washington, DC.
AIM Summer Program for High School Juniors: This 6-day service academy summer orientation program will help you to discover if you possess the mind, body and character to succeed at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. Application opens February 1st. Deadline to apply is April 1st.
- Various opportunities for youth volunteers through James City County Parks and Recreation. Contact Angie Sims, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
- James City County – Teen Leadership & Career Development. Includes Youth Advisory Council & Teen Toward Success Program.
- Guide to Williamsburg – List of various local volunteer opportunities.
- Riverside Regional Medical Center – Junior Volunteer Program located in Newport News, VA. Applications available in the Counseling office in mid March.
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center Volunteer Program- The Junior Volunteer Program is a structured 2-week summer camp program offering 50 volunteer hours. Brochures/applications are available at the hospital’s Volunteer Station and at local high schools after March 15 of each year.
Summer Camps and Programs
- 2019 Summer Law-Related Program for High School Students, Center for Legal & Court Technology, William & Mary Law School – For students interested in law, government, technology or business.
- GRAMMY Camp – Summer music industry program located in Los Angeles. Application deadline is end of March.
- Pathways for Future Engineers at Virginia Tech – FREE! Students in a Virginia high school who will be the first in their families to attend college (i.e., neither parent has received a bachelor’s degree in any field) are eligible for the Pathways for Future Engineers program. Students who will be entering 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in the Fall are encouraged to apply. Pathways for Future Engineers is a multi-year Virginia Tech College of Engineering program designed to support first generation students and their families on the pathway from high school to an engineering degree. The program includes pre-college activities (while students are still in high school) as well as additional support as students pursue their undergraduate degree. Deadline to apply is March 1.
- BLAST – Free summer residential program for 8th and 9th graders interested in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math. Applications due in February.
- Engineering Pre-Collegiate Summer Program at Rutgers – Introduction to aerospace, biochemical, biomedical, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, environmental, forensic, industrial, material science, mechanical and systems engineering disciplines and careers. Cost includes housing and meals.
- Thomas Nelson Technology and Science Camps – Offered to high school students in Hampton. Some are free.
- Peninsula Council for Workforce Development Summer Camp Series – Camps offered include: App Development, Culinary Arts, and Career Exploration.
- Virginia Space Coast Scholars – High school sophomores.
- NASA Internships – One Stop Shoping for NASA Interns, Fellows and Scholars. High School Internships require a 3.0 GPA or higher. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 16 years old. Summer Internship Applications usually open in November with a deadline of March 1st of each year.
- Jefferson Lab High School Summer Honors Program – Employs high school students to work in scientific or technical positions for eight weeks. The students chosen for these positions are strong in math, science and/or computer science, and are interested in pursuing scientific and technical careers. Must be at least 16 years old and have 3.3 GPA or higher. An application form can be downloaded from http://education.jlab.org/hsapplication/index.html.
- Savannah College of Art and Design – Summer workshops for high school students who have completed their freshman, sophomore or junior years. Workshops in Fashion, Photography, Painting, Graphic Design, Jewelry and more! Offered in Savannah or Atlanta.
- Savanah College of Art and Design Rising Star Program – For rising high school seniors who want to build or enhance their visual arts portfolios. Challenging 5 week program that awards university credit for a pre-college experience. Offered in Savannah or Atlanta.
- James River Expeditions – Ready for the adventure of a lifetime, all while learning about the environmental and social benefits the James River provides to the state of Virginia.
- Sports Medicine Workshop at the College of William and Mary – Workshop for high school students interested in athletic training and sports medicine. Intensive four-day curriculum designed to introduce students to the exciting field of sports medicine. Includes American Red Cross Adult CPR course and basic or advanced tracks. Workshop held in July.
International Exchange & Study Abroad Programs