• We continue to recognize the significant achievements of African Americans during Black History month by acknowledging Langston Hughes, a famous poet and writer during the Harlem Renaissance. Langston Hughes wrote various poems, novels, and newspaper articles on what the “African American” experience was and offered hope to millions of people around the world. He also created “jazz poetry”. In addition, paved the way for many African American musicians, including Louis Armstrong.
• Congratulations to the 20 students who participated in District Choir this weekend and to Leslie Walker, Justin Hight, and Cody Watson who were selected to represent Warhill in the All Virginia State Choir.
• Attention Lions – spring sports tryouts begin the week of February 18. Check athletic website for specific details for each sport. You must have a current VHSL physical form on file in Athletic Directors office in order to try out. Contact the Head Coach of sport if you have questions.
• There will be a brief baseball interest meeting on Tuesday 2/12 for anyone interested in playing Baseball this spring. If you are interested in playing, meet in the health room, 1504, right after school. Important tryout information will be given at this meeting.
• Girls Tennis interest meetings this week:
Experienced players meet after school on Tuesday, February 12 in Room 1405. On Thursday, February 14, new players meet with Captain & Coach Gomes about tennis basics. Tryouts begin Tuesday, February 19 after school.
• Hola! Are you in need of the perfect Valentine’s Day gift? Do you love having a positive impact on education and employment? Purchase a handwoven bracelet or purse to support the Pulsera Project. All items are handmade by over 200 artists in Nicaragua and Guatemala. All proceeds will go towards education and employment opportunities. Purchase your bracelets during all lunches February 11-15!
• Seniors – If you received any acceptance/offer letter from colleges, please give copies to Mrs. Christian in the Counseling Department. All acceptance letters whether you attend that college or not. Also, for graduation list and end of year report. Please check the spelling of your name on Student Vue. The first, middle and last name. Please notify Mrs. Christian of any changes.