WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL
* We continue to recognize the significant achievements of African Americans during Black History month by acknowledging Jackie Robinson. Jackie Robinson was the first African American to play in Major League Baseball. He played for the Brooklyn Dodgers and was awarded Rookie of the Year in 1947, was an All-Star for six consecutive seasons, and won the National League Most Valuable Player Award in 1949. In 1997, the MLB retired his jersey number 42 across all major league teams in his honor.
* There will be an interest meeting on Thursday at 2:30 in the Lecture Hall for Outdoor Track and Field.
* Senior superlative voting will be held during all lunches through Friday, February 8th. All Seniors may vote once and must turn in completed ballots by Friday, February 8th to the yearbook staffers at lunch. See Mrs. Mac if you have questions.
* Want to buy a yearbook? Go to Jostens.com to get yours today for $75. Prices increase to $80 on February 22nd.
* Seniors – If you received any acceptance/offer letter from colleges, please give copies to Mrs. Christian in the Counseling Department. All acceptance letters whether you attend that college or not. Also, for graduation list and end of year report. Please check the spelling of your name on Student Vue. The first, middle and last name. Please notify Mrs. Christian of any changes.
* Today’s athletic event is:
Girls Basketball vs New Kent @ 5:30 and 7:00 PM