WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL
* We continue to recognize the significant achievements of African Americans during Black History month by acknowledging Ruby Bridges. Ruby Bridges is a civil rights activist who at the age of six became the first African American child in the south to attend all whit school. Bridges was one of only six children who passed the New Orleans Board of Education’s test for African American children to attend all-white schools. Bridges later created the Ruby Bridges Foundation to continue promoting the values acceptance and tolerance for everyone.
* Attention Lions – spring sports tryouts begin the week of February 18. Check athletic website for specific details for each sport. You must have a current VHSL physical form on file in Athletic Directors office in order to try out. Contact the Head Coach of sport if you have questions.
* There will be a brief baseball interest meeting on Tuesday 2/12 for anyone interested in playing Baseball this spring. If you are interested in playing, meet in the health room, 1504, right after school. Important tryout information will be given at this meeting.
* There will be a VARSITY AND JV softball Information and Interest meeting in room 1504 today at 2:30.
* There will be an interest meeting on today at 2:30 in the Lecture Hall for Outdoor Track and Field.
* Attention all current football players, there will be an important meeting tomorrow morning at 7:30am in Auditorium. Current players must report to First Block prior to attending this meeting.
Teachers – a roster will be sent out later today for your review.
* Girls Tennis interest meetings next week:
Experienced players meet after school on Tuesday, February 12 in Room 1405. On Thursday, February 14, new players meet with Captain & Coach Gomes about tennis basics. Tryouts begin Tuesday, February 19 after school.
* Senior superlative voting will be held during all lunches through Friday, February 8th. All Seniors may vote once and must turn in completed ballots by Friday, February 8th to the yearbook staffers at lunch. See Mrs. Mac if you have questions.
* Want to buy a yearbook? Go to Jostens.com to get yours today for $75. Prices increase to $80 on February 22nd.
* Seniors – If you received any acceptance/offer letter from colleges, please give copies to Mrs. Christian in the Counseling Department. All acceptance letters whether you attend that college or not. Also, for graduation list and end of year report. Please check the spelling of your name on Student Vue. The first, middle and last name. Please notify Mrs. Christian of any changes.
* Today’s athletic event is:
Boys Basketball @ New Kent @ 5:30 and 7:00 PM