WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL
* We continue to recognize the significant achievements of African Americans during Black History month by acknowledging Booker T Washington. He was born a slave on a Virginia farm; Washington rose to become one of the most influential African-American intellectuals of the late 19th century. In 1881, he founded the Tuskegee Institute, a black school in Alabama devoted to training teachers. Washington was also behind the formation of the National Negro Business League 20 years alter, and he served as an adviser to Presidents Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft.
* Project Discovery will be meeting after school today in room 1124 from 2:30 – 4:00 PM.
* Attention Lions – spring sports tryouts begin the week of February 18. Check athletic website for specific details for each sport. You must have a current VHSL physical form on file in Athletic Directors office in order to try out. Contact the Head Coach of sport if you have questions.
* There will be a brief baseball interest meeting today for anyone interested in playing Baseball this spring. If you are interested in playing, meet in the health room, 1504, right after school. Important tryout information will be given at this meeting.
* Girls Tennis interest meetings this week:
Experienced players meet after school today in Room 1405. On Thursday, February 14, new players meet with Captain & Coach Gomes about tennis basics. Tryouts begin Tuesday, February 19 after school.
* Hola! Are you in need of the perfect Valentine’s Day gift? Do you love having a positive impact on education and employment? Purchase a handwoven bracelet or purse to support the Pulsera Project. All items are handmade by over 200 artists in Nicaragua and Guatemala. All proceeds will go towards education and employment opportunities. Purchase your bracelets during all lunches this week!