WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL
* We continue to recognize the significant achievements of African Americans during Black History month by acknowledging Mae Jemison. Mae Jemison is a physician and astronaut who went down in history as not only the first African-American woman to be accepted into NASA’s astronaut training but also the first African-American woman to travel in space. In 1992, Jemison took to space with her six crewmates onboard the endeavor in mission STS-47, charged with the task of studying microgravity. For her accomplishments, she has received the 1998 Essence Science and Technology award, the 1992 Ebony Black Achievement award, and been named Gamma Sigma Gamma woman of the year in 1990, among others.
* Attention rising juniors. Are you signing up or interested in taking AP Language and Composition next year? If so, please join Mrs. Aughenbaugh in the lecture hall on February 27th during AEP to learn more about the course content and expectations as well as provide you the opportunity to ask questions. Please take this chance to find out more about the course before the end of course selection. If you cannot attend the meeting, please see Mrs. Aughenbaugh in room 2102 for more information. She looks forward to meeting you.
* Are you a sophomore or junior who is interested in a career in engineering? If so, join professionals from Jefferson Labs, Newport News Ship Building, and NASA Langley this Friday as they host engineering career day 2019.
See Mr. A in room 1302 for more information and a field trip permission form.
* Softball tryouts for Varsity and JV will start this week.
* Today’s athletic event is :
Varsity Girls Basketball Playoff Game vs Kings Fork @ 7:00 PM