WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL
* Attention Warhill: The Gaming and Animation club will be held in room 1210 afterschool today.
* Today is the last day to buy homecoming dance tickets! Tickets will be on sale during all three lunches. Students cannot leave their 3rd block class to buy tickets.
* Please return all Peer Partner Applications to Mrs. Moss-Gregory in the counseling suite by this Friday, October 12. If you are in grades 10 thru 12 and you would like to become a peer partner, applications are still available in the counseling suite. Ask your school counselor for an application.
* Seniors – don’t forget to visit the scholarship table during all three lunched today to pick up a copy of the October Scholarship list.
* WJCC has partnered with NASA for 7 female Warhill students to participate in NASA Goddard’s overnight Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics event on Friday, November 2, 2018. This program is at no cost to students. Interested female students must submit a completed application to the AP Suite by Thursday, October 18, 2018. Notifications will be made to student and parent/guardian emails on Monday, October 22, 2018. Minimum requirements include 16 years or older, GPA 2.8 or higher, Mathematics or Science teacher signature or recommendation letter. Applications can be picked up in the AP Suite. If you picked up an application yesterday during lunch, please stop by the AP Suite to pick up detailed information.
* Attention all National Honor Society Members. We will meet on Wednesday, October 17th during AEP in room 1138. Please see Ms. Bell with questions.
* There is still time to shine in the national Reflections Contest! The deadline for submissions is Monday, October 15th. The contest theme is Heroes Around Me. So put the finishing touches on your artwork, photo, poem, story, film, musical composition, or dance. Then drop off your creation with an entry form at the Warhill main office by the end of school Monday. You can find contest rules and entry forms on the Warhill website under PTSA or at www.vapta.org.
* There will be a Key club meeting on Tuesday, Oct 16th afterschool. In the lecture hall.
* Attention Warhill Students: Tickets for the Homecoming Football game on Friday will be on sale during all lunches on Friday, October 12th. Student tickets will be $3.00 and only one ticket per student.
* Today’s athletic event is:
Volleyball vs Smithfield @ 5:30/6:30