WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL
· Come out this Friday, October 20th for the Powderpuff Football Game. The game is at Wanner Stadium at 1 PM. The cost is $5.00 per person. Invite all your friends and family. Proceeds benefit the senior class. We are excited to see you there!
· If you are taking the Writing SOL next week as a first time upperclassmen tester, or a Senior re-tester, you need to go to Mr. Abbate’s Room 2114 during AEP on Thursday, October 19th . Pick up your AEP pass from Mrs. Whyte in the AP Office.
· If you are taking the Work Keys Business-Writing Test next week, you need to go to Mr. Bellows in Room 2110 during AEP on Thursday, October 19th. Pick up your AEP pass from Mrs. Whyte in the AP Office.
· Attention All Baseball players – there will be an interest meeting, after school today, in Room 1503 for anyone planning on playing baseball this school year. The meeting will begin at 2:30pm.
· Attention Warhill students, do you have a passion for videogames or anime? If either of those pique your interest, then you should join Gaming and Animation Club. Club starts on Wednesday November 1st in Room 2116 with officer elections being held on November 2nd in Room 2114. Additionally, Informational meetings will be held every Wednesday during AEP in Room 2114 up until club starts. If you are interested in running for president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, or publicity chair, then please contact Mr. Abbate or Mr. Greene.
· Attention students interested in Art Club. Please swing by room 1307 and pick up a club permission form. All forms need to be turned in by this Fri. Oct 20th. The next meeting will be Wednesday Oct. 25th.
· Here are the sporting events for this week:
· Wednesday, Oct. 18:
JV FB & JV Cheer travel to Bailey field to take on York @ 6:30pm
· Thursday, Oct. 19:
Cross Country travel to Newport News Park to take on Bruton & York in a Bay Rivers District meet at 4pm.
Varsity FB host York @ Wanner @ 7:00pm –come early to see our Senior Football players, Cheerleaders and Student Trainers get recognized before the game. At halftime, we will recognize our Senior Golfers, Cross Country Runners and Band members.
· Saturday, Oct. 21
Competition Cheerleading team travels to Grafton for the Bay Rivers District 4th Competition at 10:00am