WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL
* We continue to recognize the significant achievements of African Americans during Black History month by acknowledging Barack Obama. As the first African American president, Barack Obama led the nation as a Democratic leader from 2009-2017. Obama was born and raised on Honolulu, Hawaii, and later moved to LA for college. He tried to pursue a career as a community organizer to confront the issues of race and poverty, after years of studies and internships; he was accepted into Harvard for his research. Barack Obama became the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review in 1990. He graduated as a lawyer, but decided to pursue a life in politics. He became a State Senator for a couple terms, but then moved up to be a U.S. Senator many years later. He finally decided to run for presidency in 2007, and won the presidential election of 2008 as the first African American President of the United States.
* Attention Sophomores – Class of 2021: Would you like to be involved in raising money for the Sophomore Class? Do you have ideas you would like to share? The Sophomore Class will be meeting Friday, February 15 during AEP in room 2136. All Sophomores are welcome. See you Friday!
* Attention Lions – spring sports tryouts begin the week of February 18. Check athletic website for specific details for each sport. You must have a current VHSL physical form on file in Athletic Directors office in order to try out. Contact the Head Coach of sport if you have questions.
* Girls Tennis interest meeting today, after school, for new players to meet with the Captain and Coach Gomes about tennis basics. Tryouts begin Tuesday, February 19 after school.
* Attention boys tennis players – try out dates have changed. The first day of try outs will be Monday, February 18 at 1:00 PM. Please contact Coach Hyatt for more information.
* There will be an interest meeting for Boys Soccer after school this Friday from 2:30 until 3:00 in Room 2106. If you are interested in playing boys soccer for Warhill High School this spring, please attend this meeting.
* Varsity and JV Boys Soccer tryouts will be held at the WISC grass fields (stadium side) Tuesday thru Thursday, February 19th thru 21st. Tryouts will last from 2:45 until 4:45 (activity bus runs at 4:45 each day). Please note that you must have a current physical on file with Warhill’s Athletic Director, Coach Mullen, in order to participate and tryout.