WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL
* We continue to recognize the significant achievements of African Americans during Black History month by acknowledging George Washington Carver. George Washington Carver was born into as a slave in Missouri. As he grew up, he began to learn everything from useful domestic skills to textbook knowledge. He attempted to get a degree as an art or music teacher, but his professor discouraged him because he believed that Carver wouldn’t succeed. Carver then began to study plants and flowers, and later became the first African American to earn a Bachelor of Science Degree. After graduating, George Washington Carver began to study uses for Peanuts.
* Attention rising juniors. Are you signing up or interested in taking AP Language and Composition next year? If so, please join Mrs. Aughenbaugh in the lecture hall on February 27th during AEP to learn more about the course content and expectations as well as provide you the opportunity to ask questions. Please take this chance to find out more about the course before the end of course selection. If you cannot attend the meeting, please see Mrs. Aughenbaugh in room 2102 for more information. She looks forward to meeting you.
* The class of 22 is holding a fundraiser at Blaze Pizza in New Town on Wednesday, February 27th, form 5 until 8 PM. Come out and enjoy a cheesy, delicious pizza, and 20% of the proceeds will go towards special funding events. But wait! Make sure you show either a paper copy of picture of the fundraiser flyer at the checkout. See you there.
* Boys Soccer Tryouts will be held today from 2:45-4:45 at the WISC grass fields on the “stadium side”. If you ride the activity bus, your tryout will end at 4:30 so you can catch the activity bus at the school at 4:45. Please bring your soccer gear and a water bottle to every tryout. The focus for today’s tryouts will be for those trying out for Varsity Boys Soccer. If you have any questions, please see Mr. King in room 2106 today. Tryouts will be held this week, today thru Wednesday. On Thursday, there will be a meeting after school, beginning at 2:30, in room 2106. You must have a current VHSL Sports Physical on file with Warhill’s Athletic Director, Coach Mullen, in order to participate in tryouts.
* Congratulations to the following athletes who participated in this pass weekends 4A indoor track and field state championship.
All-State Anthony Giacchetta 6th place in the pole vault
All-State Jacqueline Jones 2nd place 55m in a new school record of 7.35!
The last day to join the outdoor track and field team will be this Wednesday.