Goal 1:

During the 2016-17 school year, Warhill High School will improve pass rates on the Algebra II SOL by 2%, raising the overall pass rate on the End of Course (EOC) test from 92% to 94%.

Strategies:

  1. Warhill math teachers will provide supplemental support for students enrolled in Algebra II in the form of remediation during the school day and after school tutoring.
  2. Warhill math teachers will develop instructional strategies that facilitate students’ utilization of available technologies to improve performance on math assessments, including the SOL.

Goal 2:

During the 2016-17 school year, Warhill High School will increase the number of students who pass the Writing SOL by improving the pass rate for Students with Disabilities from 56% to at least 59%.

Strategies:

  1. Warhill English teachers and their collaborating special educators will utilize targeted instruction in grammar through the No Red Ink program.
  2. Teachers will work to develop common rubrics and assessments of composition for English 10 and 11 that align with the Standards of Learning.

Goal 3:

Teachers will work to develop common rubrics and assessments of composition for English 10 and 11 that align with the Standards of Learning.

Strategies:

  1. The Warhill High School ABC Team (Attendance, Behavior, and Coursework) will monitor and recommend interventions to be implemented to support individual students at risk of needed credits.
  2. The Warhill High School MTSS Team will manage existing interventions into a usable framework and will also develop additional interventions to support students’ positive attendance, behavior, and coursework (academics).