Spanish National Honor Society
The society is a National Honor Society of dedicated Spanish students, which both serves to recognize scholastic achievement in the study of Spanish, and to promote interest in the study of Spanish language, literature and culture.
Students interested in membership must not only have demonstrated outstanding scholastic achievement in Spanish, but also must want to promote Spanish at WHS and in the local community. SHH members are expected to be active members of the Spanish Honor Society, participate in the SHH tutoring program, organize activities for World Language Week, Hispanic Heritage Month, and help run any Spanish Department activities.
- Be a rising sophomore or older
- Completed or currently enrolled in Spanish 4
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have a GPA of 3.6 or higher in all Spanish classes taken
- Have time to commit to the after school tutoring program each year (5 hours)
- Have time to attend a community service event/project each year
- Have time to attend at least 4 of 5 after school meetings each year