National Honor Society
- Students must be a Junior or a Senior with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Students must be working toward an Advanced Studies diploma.
- Students must demonstrate the qualities of leadership, either by effectively holding an office in an organization or by their actions in and around the school and community.
- Students must demonstrate the qualities of service and have accumulated 20 service hours in High School.
- Students must demonstrate character through the qualities of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
Upon induction into the Warhill High School chapter of the National Honor Society, members are required to maintain the standards set forth in the selection criteria at all times. Besides maintaining these standards, members are also required to:
- Attend regular chapter meetings, to be held once per month
- Attend specially called meetings as needed for event planning or other needs
- Participate in Society events and in at least one chapter-wide service project, if applicable
- Accumulate 20 hours of individual service each year, in the community or at Warhill. (Hours in other Honor Societies can be used for these 20 service hours.)
- Participate in NHS after school tutoring sessions twice a month.
- Pay dues of $10.00 per school year (due upon induction and on first General Meeting of each successive school year)
- Be a role model both on and off campus
The Faculty Council will meet to discuss discipline and/or dismissal of students who fail to maintain the standards set above. More information can be found in the National Honor Society Constitution and Bylaws. This information will be provided to all members upon induction.
Rho Kappa National Social Studies Honor Society
Students are nominated on the basis of a teacher recommendation and a minimum GPA of 3.0. Those students nominated are asked to submit an application, teacher recommendation form, and an essay. The application asks students to list their extra-curricular activities and community service work. Students also are asked to submit an essay that discusses their interest in the social studies. The essay should provide examples of the significance of social studies to the student’s lives and possible contributions they will make to the organization. Final determination for membership rests on a combination of teacher recommendation, extra-curricular activities/community service, and the essay.
Quill and Scroll Honor Society
Students must be a sophomore, junior or senior. They must have the equivalent of a B grade average, or be in the upper third of their class in general scholastic standing, either for the year of their election or for the cumulative total of all high school work.
Students must have done superior work in some phase of journalism or school media work. They may be staffers of a school magazine, newspaper, or yearbook. Students must be recommended by the supervisor or by the committee governing the media.
Members pay a one time fee of $25 and retain membership for life.
National English Honor Society
Students with a grade of A or B+ in AP Language and students with As in Advanced American Studies are invited to apply to the English Honor Society. Those who meet the criteria submit the application (including a writing sample, teacher recommendation, and reflection on the most recent book the student read) for advisor approval. Students are then either accepted or declined based on the application.
Mu Alpha Theta National Math Honor Society
Students must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA in all of their math courses and must have completed Functions/Trigonometry by the time they apply.
Member Obligations: Members are required to complete 10 hours of math tutoring by the end of each semester to retain membership.
French Honor Society
Students must have 4 semesters of French: Students must have completed French 2 and 3 in high school with middle school French or through French 4 in high school courses. Students must maintain a 3.6 GPA average in French. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA average overall.