Erin EdwardsSchool Counselor
Phone: (757) 565-9400
Chris HendrixMilitary School Liaison Officer
Naval Weapons Station Yorktown
Phone: (757) 618-7674
Jessica WalterDirector for School Counseling and College and Career Readiness


Silhouettes of military with red and white stripes

To get started with registration, visit our WJCC School Zones & Hours page.  You can see zoning information or enter your address to find which school your student is zoned for.

To enroll your student in a WJCC school, please visit our Enrollment page.  You will first need to complete the Online Pre-Registration.  Once that information has been received by the zoned school, the school registrar will contact you about finalizing the registration.

During this appointment, you will need to bring the following to complete registration:

  • Proof of identification
  • Two (2) proofs of residency (a utility bill, copy of a lease, purchase agreement, etc.)
  • Original birth certificate
  • Immunization records
  • Virginia Physical Examination Form
  • Previous school records (sealed)

Special Considerations for Military Families During Enrollment

Military families who are moving to WJCC within 120 days can enroll in the division if the following documentation is provided at the time of enrollment: 1) Military orders of the service member parent, or 2) An official letter from the service member’s command indicating relocation.  In addition, the following is required:

  • “Documentation indicating a permanent address within the school division shall be provided to the school division within 120 days of a child’s enrollment or tuition may be charged, including tuition for the days since the child’s enrollment in school” (Code of Virginia 22.1-3).
  • The parent must provide transportation to and from school.


For military children who fall under the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children,families have 30 calendar days from the date of enrollment for the child to receive immunizations and provide documentation.  If the immunization falls in a series, initial vaccination must be obtained within the 30 days.

Please note: Tuberculosis is a test, not an immunization.  A child must have proof of a negative test result prior to attending school.

If you have any additional questions regarding registration, please contact our school registrar, Ms. Epps, by phone at 757-565-9438 ext. 0 or by email at .

Please see the current WJCC Program of Studies for information on Academic Planning, Specialty Programs such as New Horizons and Governor’s School; Graduation Requirements, and Diploma Options.

Families interested in providing Home Instruction must complete the Notice of Intent to Provide Home Instruction and submit the form to the address located on the form.

Please visit our Special Education webpage to learn more about special education and related services in Williamsburg-James City County.

Be sure to click on the “Resources” tab for information on IEP Development, Parent Resources, Resources for Serving Students with Sensory Disabilities, and Section 504.

Official transcripts and records must be sent by Hornsby Middle School directly to the receiving school.  Parents may request an “unofficial” copy of records, such as the report card, academic history, IEP, and medical information, to hand-carry to the next school.

Please contact the HMS Registrar, Ms. Marcia Epps, when you know that your family will be moving so that she can facilitate the withdrawal process and provide your child’s set of unofficial records to you.  She can be reached by phone at (757) 565-9438 ext. 0 or by email at .

When you arrive to your new school, you are always welcome to contact Hornsby if you have questions or need further information to better facilitate the transition.