Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC) promotes cooperative partnerships with businesses, governmental agencies or professional/civic groups to enrich academic achievement. School partnerships support classroom instruction through the expansion of resources and opportunities available to students.
Ten Benefits of Partnership
Linking schools with businesses and community organizations can generate mutual benefits:
- Enriches the curriculum
- Identifies and develops career readiness skills
- Increases awareness of career opportunities
- Improves community understanding of the learning process
- Encourages collaboration between the schools and community
- Provides students practical application of skills learned in the classroom
- Offers comprehensive understanding of workforce needs
- Develops student leaders
- Supports the transition from high school graduation to the work force
- Expands teaching resources and ideas
Partner with WJCC
A Partnership Agreement will be developed when schools and community organizations will engage in three or more activities during a school year. To ensure that student achievement is the focus of the partnership, representatives will identify objectives that are mutually supportive to the school and community organization. Joining our team is simple:
To partner with one WJCC school, contact the main office to request an appointment with a school representative.
Partnerships involving more than one WJCC school are established through the Office of Communications and Engagement. Contact Felicia Highland for additional information:
Coordinator for Multicultural Awareness and Family & Community Engagement
Office of Public Relations and Community Engagement
Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools
P.O. Box 8783
Williamsburg, VA 23187
Phone: (757) 603-6541 | Fax: (757) 595-9383
We hope that you will decide to partner with WJCC. Your support is invaluable to the success of our students.